Ok, time to confess. I'm still not finished with my last reading pile but I just have to start with a new one right now. It's a combination of being super excited for the new books and feeling tired after having a cold from hell, I think I deserve some fresh books right now.
I'm still reading "The Book of Life" by Deborah Harkness, it's not a book to rush through and I want to take time to really get everything that is going on in the story, so the book will come over to my new reading pile.
The theme for my new reading pile is stand-alone or first book in a relatively new series, I thought it would be nice to read some of these books in a row. My next reading pile will in a way be the continuation to this theme and I like that. But let's go back to this reading pile, the books on it are
- Everything leads to you - Nina LaCour (YA, stand-alone, I love "Hold Still" by the author)
- Station Eleven - Emily St. John Mandel (dystopian, stand-alone, everyone seems to love this book)
- Stolen Songbird - Danielle E. Jensen (YA, #1 in the The Malediction Trilogy, a book with trolls, a curse and political games? Sign me up!)
- Every Breath - Ellie Marney (YA, #1 in the Every series (trilogy), a modern kind of take on the whole Sherlock Holmes story, love the sound of the story and the cover)
- Cold Burn of Magic - Jennifer Estep (YA, UF, #1 in the new Black Blade series, love the author and I'm super excited for this new series by her)
- A High-End Finish - Kate Carlisle (adult, cozy mystery, #1 in the Fixer Upper Mystery series, I love the other cozy mystery series by the author and hope that the same will be true for this one)
What are you reading?